Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Dog Blog" Preseason Day 1 8/16/10

So the start of another preseason, sadly I can admit that it is my last. For all the times we complain about the long practices and bruised bodies…I love it!!

We started bright and early Monday at 9 am for the setters and 9:30 for the rest of the team. It was like the first day of school. (You’re excited, nervous, you hope to make friends, and want to make your best impression) It was great to see everyone after three months; I could tell that the team had all really worked hard this summer. Our first of two practices of the day started off good, we did a little defense, serve receive, hitting, and more skill work. After our first practice it was off to lunch and then to team pictures.

You would think that after all these years of taking pictures we would think to bring a mirror. We’re girls after all. Everyone was worried about their hair, including me, but I think they will all turn out wonderfully.

Off to second practice of the day where we did a lot more team work drills. It is definitely going to take a few days to get that connections back with the hitters. For some reason this second practice was a tad hotter in Pershing, I sweated through three shirts. I hadn’t sweat that much since freshman year. After practice we had a wonderful lifting session…OUR TEAM IS STRONG!!!

I am super excited for this season. I know we’re kinda young but I know for a fact that there is not another team around that wants to succeed as much as we do. I have a feeling its going to be a crazy ride this year and I am so happy that we get to share it all with you!!!!
Thanks for all the support, hope to see/hear you at our games!
Kgreatloveyoubye,
Petey
(aka Ashley Petak #15)

No comments:

Post a Comment